On Monday, the Suits star has become the most mediatized person in the UK, after the Kensington Palace officially announced her engagement to Prince Harry.
The past and the family of Meghan Markle have become the subject of every single press material, while the comparison between her and her future sister-in-law, the Duchess of Cambridge, was the “juiciest” thing for most readers.
- Youth: while Kate, who has aristocratic roots spent her childhood and youth in the UK, Meghan has a very different upbringing and spent most of her life in California.
- Family: Kate’s parents are married, involved in several businesses since 1980, while Meghan’s parents are divorced since she was 6 years old.
- Career: Kate is more a public figure than a career woman. She graduated from St. Andrew in 2005, having a degree in art history. Meghan had juggled with multiple jobs before she got the role in Suits. Before she was an actress, she was a model and expert in calligraphy.
- Relationships Timeline: the Duchess of Cambridge didn’t have many boyfriends before Will, but Meghan Markle was married to producer Trevor Engelson. The former couple divorced in 2013 after 2 years of marriage.
- Showbiz friends. Meghan Markle has often appeared with celebrities such as Serena Williams or Priyanka Chopra, while the Duchess of Cambridge has remained friends only with her former college colleagues.